Fund development is the lifeblood of nonprofits, yet many organizations struggle with creating a diverse and sustainable funding model. With the constantly changing landscape and resource challenges like urgent program needs, limited staff, and shifts in "best practices," it can be difficult to find the time to write a development plan, craft a compelling case for support, build relationships with donors, write effective grant proposals, and solicit for both annual and major gift support.
The Fund Development Institute (FDI) is a 5 session (half-day), hands-on institute that builds basic fund development skills, introduces advanced techniques, and works with nonprofit leaders and development staff to focus time on the essential work of fundraising. The curriculum includes:
- Creating your Development Plan: Charting your Course of Success with timelines and specifics.
- Building your Fundraising House: Internal infrastructure foundations for success including roles, responsibilities and retention.
- Intentional Communication: Messages and marketing that raise money and keep donors engaged for the long haul.
- Relationship Based Fundraising: Cultivating and growing your best donors.
- Making the Ask: Practical ways to make the case for support and lay the foundation for success moving ahead.
- Giving Gratitude: Stewardship that works through building a culture of appreciation.
- Plus a few tips, tricks and tools of the trade that can make your life easier!
Each session includes instruction, discussion, and practical application to your own organization's actual materials, website, and calendar. This institute is designed so that participants walk away with skills and approaches that can be integrated into your current strategies and implemented immediately.
Who should attend?
Fundraisers, Fund Developers, Advancement Professionals and Executive Directors -- anyone tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- The Institute consists of two full-day sessions and one half-day sessions:
- 8:30am-4:00pm Wednesday, March 30
- 8:30am-4:00pm Thursday, March 31
- 8:30am-12:00pm Friday, April 1
- Sessions will be held live and in-person.
- Attendance is limited to 20 participants who commit to attending all sessions in full.
- Participants must be a paid employee of a Nonprofit Connect member organization with 501(c) status. (Not yet a member? Click here.)
- Open to those tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- Participants commit to attending all sessions.
- No refunds will be processed after March 23, 2022. Full payment of the program fee must be received by March 23, 2022 in order to reserve your place in FDI.
So that we can serve you better, we want to understand who is in the room. You will be asked two demographics questions as you register for this event. We will never share your individual information, and we will only report on demographics in aggregate. Any questions or comments? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are closely monitoring COVID-19 recommendations and protocols. At this time, this program is expected to be live and in-person. All attendees will receive an email detailing safety precautions one week before the event.