Kansas Lobby Day with Nonprofit Connect and Kansas Nonprofit Coalition
Name: Kansas Lobby Day with Nonprofit Connect and Kansas Nonprofit Coalition
Date: March 14, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM CDT
Registration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.
Have you ever thought about participating in a Lobby Day event, but felt insecure or intimidated?
Are you passionate about the good work your organization is doing and want to make that known to your local legislators?
Join Nonprofit Connect as we participate in Kansas Nonprofit Coalition's 3rd Annual Nonprofit Day on the Hill at the Kansas Statehouse.
Registration is $35 to participate in the full day of lobbying (includes lunch), and an additional $35 to attend the evening session/dinner. When registering, be sure to add the additional fee item if you wish to participate in the evening session/dinner.
A reminder email will be sent on Monday, March 12, with parking information and plans to meet as a delegation in the Statehouse.
The itinerary for the day is as follows:
- 9:00 a.m. - Registration, Networking, and Booth Showcase Set up (Registration - Visitor Center Auditorium, Showcase - 2nd Floor Rotunda)
- 9:45 a.m. - Welcome & Orientation (Visitor Center Auditorium)
- 10:00 a.m. - Leadership Updates (Visitor Center Auditorium)
- Senate Majority Leader Jim Denning
- Senator Laura Kelly on behalf of the Minority Party
- 11:00 a.m. - Office Visits or Observe House of Representatives in Session (Statehouse, House Gallery, 4th floor, West Wing)
- 11:45 a.m. - Lunch at the Statehouse - BOX LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED
- 12:15 p.m. - Nonprofit Advocacy Advocate Presentation -TBA (Visitor Center Auditorium)
- 1:30 p.m.- Leadership Updates (Visitor Center Auditorium)
- House Majority Leader Don Hineman
- Representative Kathy Wolf-Moore on behalf of the Minority Party
- 2:00 p.m. - Office Visits or Statehouse Dome Tour (meet at Visitor Center entrance)
- 2:30 p.m. - Office Visits or Observe Senate in Session (Statehouse, Senate Gallery, 4th floor, East Wing)
- 3:30 p.m. - Break down Booth Showcase and continue office visits
- 3:30 p.m. -Transparency: Find What You Need on The Kansas Legislative Webpage
- 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Evening Networking Reception - Dillon House (Across from Statehouse, 404 SW 9th Street) [Additional $35 Fee]