Proper financial management is key to any organization's success. With restricted funding, irregular cash flows, and a bevvy of unique challenges, understanding how to to interpret financial statements, manage funds, and tell your financial story is key for any nonprofit board member or leader.
The Nonprofit Financial Institute (NFI) is a two and a half day, hands-on institute that builds financial skills for nonprofit leaders without a background in finance. Equally, this institute will help board members with financial experience who are new to understanding the intricacies of nonprofit finance. The curriculum includes:
- Nonprofit Financial Strategy: "Nonprofit" is a tax status, not a business model! Understand basic financial terms for the nonprofit sector and explore earned income potential.
- Reading between the lines: Each month, board members and leaders receive a series of financial statements. Learn the purpose of each, how to read them, and most importantly, how to ask questions and notice red flags.
- Budget and Grant Management: Practical ways to develop and manage budgets both for your organization and for specific grant projects.
- Telling your financial story: Create a narrative that shows your organization or departments financial position.
- Plus a few tips, tricks and tools of the trade that can make your life easier!
Each session includes instruction, discussion, and practical application to your own organization.
Who should attend?
Organizational leaders who want to beef up their financial acumen and board members.
- The Institute consists of two full-day sessions and one half-day sessions:
- 9:00 - 4:00pm Wednesday, March 8
- 9:00 - 4:00pm Thursday, March 9
- 9:00 - 12:00pm Friday, March 10
- Sessions will be held live and in-person.
- Attendance is limited to 15 participants who commit to attending all sessions in full.
- Participants must be a paid employee or a board member of a Nonprofit Connect member organization with 501(c) status. (Not yet a member? Click here.)
- Open to those tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- Participants commit to attending all sessions.
So that we can serve you better, we want to understand who is in the room. You will be asked two demographics questions as you register for this event. We will never share your individual information, and we will only report on demographics in aggregate. Any questions or comments? Contact us at email@example.com.