Nonprofit Managers Institute
Name: Nonprofit Managers Institute
Date: October 26, 2018
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM CDT
Registration: Register Now
Becoming a manager can be one of the most challenging and overwhelming career transitions a leader can face. Leading people isn't easy and research shows that fewer than 10% of managers are prepared for a leadership role. Lack of preparation and the proper skills can have negative consequences for the new leader, the people being led and the organization.
Nonprofit Connect helps navigate the role of leading others with the Nonprofit Managers Institute.
The Nonprofit Managers Institute is a 3-session learning opportunity designed to help nonprofit organizations get better results through stronger and more confident leadership. Participating nonprofit managers will develop essential supervisory skills to deepen professional expertise and enable them to contribute to the organization in a more strategic way. The course addresses three aspects of leadership:
- Personal/Professional - understanding your own style and strengths.
- People - establishing and leading a high performing team.
- Planning - how to create systems, contribute to the strategic plan and improve operations.
- Participating managers gain an understanding of their own management style and the styles of those they lead.
- Grow a manager's knowledge of best practices in nonprofit operations and management.
- Provide managers with a useful collection of tools, samples and reference materials.
- Connect managers with a peer community of informed and engaged nonprofit professionals.
- Participants must be current nonprofit supervisors who lead a team of two or more.
- Only one participant per organization.
- The Institute consists of three one-day (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) sessions - Jan. 18, Jan. 25 and Feb. 1, facilitated by Luann Feehan, Executive Director, Nonprofit Connect.
- Each session includes nonprofit experts and experienced business leaders who bring hands-on, real-life experience to the topics.
- Sessions will be held at Nonprofit Connect, 125 E. 31st Street, Kansas City, MO 64108.
- Attendance is limited to 15 participants.
Participants must -
- Be Nonprofit Connect members.
- Be in a managerial /supervisory level position in a nonprofit organization.
- Lead two or more employees.
- Commit to attending all of the three sessions in full.
Thank you to our program sponsor: