Postponed: Fund Development Institute
Fund development is the lifeblood of nonprofits, yet many organizations struggle with creating a sustainable funding model. With resource challenges like urgent program demands, limited staff, experience in fundraising, and shifting trends, it can prove difficult to find the time and know-how to craft a compelling case for support, write an effective grant proposal and ask directly for major gift support.
The Fund Development Institute (FDI) is a 2-session, hands-on institute that builds basic fund development skills, introduces advanced techniques, and works with executive directors and development staff alike to find and focus time for the essential work of fundraising. The curriculum includes instruction and practice for use on your own organization's materials, website, and calendar. This institute is designed so that participants walk away with skills and approaches that can be used immediately.
Who should attend:
- Fundraisers, Fund Developers, Advancement Professionals and Executive Directors - those tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- The Institute consists of two, full-day (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) sessions.
- New FDI structure with presenters Katie Lord, Proof Positioning, and Luann Feehan, Nonprofit Connect.
- Sessions will be held at Nonprofit Connect, 125 E. 31st Street, Kansas City, MO 64108.
- Participation is by application and limited to 24 participants who commit to attending both sessions in full.
- Participants must be a paid employee of a Nonprofit Connect member organization with 501(c) status. (Not yet a member? Click here.)
- Open to those tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- Participants commit to attending both sessions.
- Full payment of the program fee must be received before the start of FDI in order to reserve a seat.
Application:Selection for participating in FDI is by application.
Click here to apply.
Luann Feehan, President & CEO of Nonprofit Connect, is a sought-after expert on nonprofit trends and best-practices, and a leading voice in Kansas City's nonprofit community. She is a Certified BoardSource Governance Trainer and DiSC Behavioral Assessment Trainer. She brings over twenty years of experience in leading successful nonprofit teams.
Katie Lord is Vice President of Nonprofit Development at Proof Positioning. She has spent her entire career working in fundraising and development with national nonprofit organizations and then as a nonprofit consultant with clients from the Greater Kansas City Metro Area, the states of Kansas and Missouri, and nationally. Katie?s strength and passion is working with nonprofits to increase their fundraising and development success through strategic, donor-based long term planning. She has specialized in solicitation of major gifts and corporate sponsorships, implementation of successful Capital Campaigns, Board recruitment, and donor-centric marketing.