The Asking Academy™ is a first-of-its-kind program designed to dramatically transform your fundraising results. Throughout the Academy NPO leaders receive group and individual coaching from a Certified Conversational Fundraising™ Master Trainer. Teams are equipped to raise more money by effectively conducting one-on-one gift solicitations. We're so confident of your results that the Asking Academy™ offers a no-risk guarantee.
Each Academy engages a cohort of up to 10 organizations in:
- Strategic preparation prior to the Summit
- The Summit: 2-days together for interactive, hands-on training
- Ongoing mentoring with America’s ASKing Coach
Full participation in The Asking Academy may be eligible for 22 points in Category 1.B - Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification. Contact us for details.
Every aspect of the Asking Academy™ is results oriented. During the Summit, you'll learn how to climb the 10 Step Staircase, the bedrock of Conversational Fundraising™. You will master strategies to effectively engage board members in major gifts fundraising. You will leave with written action plans for your top donor prospects after practicing the Conversational Fundraising™ approach. You'll expand your network through an unforgettable personal and professional development experience.
Others tell you what to do.
We show you how.
As a participant, you receive:
- A personalized copy of the book, Asking about Asking: Mastering the Art of Conversational Fundraising™
- Asking Academy™ resource manual
- The Summit — 2 days of hands on training and equipping in Conversational Fundraising™
- Personal face time with America's ASKing Coach, a recognized expert in the fundraising profession
- Coaching and practice in interactive donor conversations
- Monthly Q&A calls hosted by your Master Trainer
- Your own personal network of Conversational Fundraising™ colleagues
- Up to 22 points for CFRE International continuing education
Your organization receives:
- Enhanced success in funding your mission
- A new culture of fundraising permeating your entire organization
- External accountability for fundraising results
- Written plans for cultivating potential funders
- Strategies to comfortably ASK for larger gifts
- Monthly mentoring calls with your team and ASKing Coach
- Renewed partnerships between your donors, staff and volunteers
The Asking Academy™ consists of three phases spanning 5 months:
1 Preparation: Specific prep work completed during the month preceding The Summit
2 The Summit: 2 days together for interactive, hands-on training, equipping and coaching
3 Implementation: 4 months of follow-up to mentor team members and monitor the fundraising success
The in-depth training and coaching occurs during the 2-day Summit. Key topics include:
- The philosophy of Conversational Fundraising™
- Seeking bigger gifts — a.k.a fully funding your mission
- Building the "Ask" — how to prepare a fundable proposal
- Climbing the 10 Step Staircase — How to ask strategic questions so you can listen for strategic answers
- Getting in — how to actually secure appointments with busy, focused funders
- Linkage — why your Call Team is important and how to select the right players
- Defining the "Why" — putting a name and face on your unique mission
- Getting personal — creating specific written solicitation plans for your prospects
- Dialogue with America's ASKing Coach
- Planning: The first step in success — Win it on paper
- Practice makes perfect — Role play with your solicitation team
- Getting un-stuck: Identifying obstacles to successful one-on-one major gift solicitations and overcoming them
- Ready, Set, GO! Countdown to your 15-day fundraising sprint
- Sharing the Wealth — How to transfer Conversational Fundraising™ practices to other volunteers and staff members
Each team consists of between 4 and 6 members. The Asking Academy™ is designed to transform your fundraising efforts organization-wide: top to bottom; inside out. Achieving this goal requires the involvement of your top leaders, both staff and volunteer.
Who may attend?
- Chief Executive Officer (top staff leader)
- Board Chair (top volunteer leader)
- Chief Development Officer
- Major Gifts Officer
- Planned Giving Specialist
- Board Chair-elect
- Development Committee Chair
- Campaign Chair
- Others in equivalent roles
Others tell you what to do.
We show you how.
To register or learn more,
contact Aaron today at (913) 938-2930 or firstname.lastname@example.org