Webinar - Make Volunteer Groups Champions for Your Mission
Name: Webinar - Make Volunteer Groups Champions for Your Mission
Date: March 21, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM CDT
Registration: Register Now
Volunteer groups and one-time volunteers present unique challenges, whether they are from a business, club, or school. These volunteers don't become part of your regular team, and don’t have time for steep learning curves or intensive training. But they still want to make a real impact with their donated time.
Join this discussion around how to make volunteers become champions for your organization with presenter Jennifer Gormley, Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator with Lawrence Humane Society.
In this webinar, you will:
- Use given samples of specific tools and methods, as well as idea-sharing with the group to define process and strategy for win-win volunteer groups and single days of service
- Build a running list of meaningful projects with diverse staff input -- even if staff is resistant at first
- Increase both impact and motivation, leading to lasting relationships and strong word-of-mouth champions
- Determine your organization's definitions of success for volunteer groups and single days of service
- Streamline your communications process from inquiry to follow-up
- Address challenges such as last-minute changes, groups that don't follow through, legacy groups that are used to doing things a certain way, lack of organizational buy-in, and more
About the presenter: Jennifer Gormley is the Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator with Lawrence Humane Society. She has managed and trained volunteers for nonprofit organizations and political campaigns for 10 years, focusing on equipping volunteers to become successful advocates within their communities.
Thank you to our webinar series sponsor:
More Programs on Volunteer Management:Volunteer Management Institute Spring 2018 - April 4
Volunteer Management Institute Fall 2018 - September 12