Webinar - Personal Activism: Bringing Your Whole Self to Your Nonprofit
Name: Webinar - Personal Activism: Bringing Your Whole Self to Your Nonprofit
Date: May 10, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM CDT
Registration: Register Now
Where do nonprofit work and individual activism meet? If your day job is about achieving a mission and vision for positive change, does that accomplish or conflict with individual activism?
This webinar will discuss in honest terms:
- The power and limitation of nonprofits' roles in social change
- Ways to engage in social justice issues outside the workplace, while fulfilling your organization's mission by bringing your "whole self" to work
- The barriers within the nonprofit sector that can inhibit direct action tactics
- Ways to bring personal advocacy efforts into the nonprofit sector
- Professionalism and authenticity in the context of nonprofit work
All registrants will receive the recording and materials afterward.
About the presenter: Diane Burkholder is the founder and lead consultant for The DB Approach, co-founder of One-Struggle KC, and serves a number of nonprofit organizations through council service, moderation, coaching, and training.
Thank you to our webinar series sponsor:
More Programs on Personal Development:
Speak Your Truth: Nuances Encountered in Young Professional Lives - May 23
Virtual Coffee with Luann Feehan - May 30