In God's Corner Ministry
Other (Nonprofit)Board of DirectorsNonprofit Member
Incorporated on April 14, 2018. Founder Caroline S. Cooper’s lived with PTSD, a result of childhood sexual abuse, and had an undiagnosed mental illness. She eventually reached out for help and began a journey of recovery. Mrs. Cooper developed a passion for encouraging other hurting people and educating the public on mental health issues which led to development of the nonprofit.
Mission: In God’s Corner Ministry will educate and encourage people seeking greater understanding of mental health through events, resources, and networking opportunities.
Values: Compassion, Authenticity, Education, Advocacy, Faith
Purpose: It is essential in the healing process for people to find hope, experience transformation, and recognize victory. We are passionate about bringing this message to people impacted by mental illness.
Current Programs and Services. In God’s Corner Ministry is comprised of three ministry segments.
1) Mental Health: A Closer Look – Education. Providing mental health education through events, training, and social media. Available programs: “Mental Health: A Closer Look” educational forum; “Mental Health & Faith: A Closer Look” podcast. (https://mental-health-a-closer-look.blubrry.net); Mental Health and Small Group Training. Offers workshops and training presentations to meet the needs of the group.
2) In God’s Corner Resources – Insights and Information. Available resources: Scripture bookmark, "How to Encourage Depressed Friends" pamphlet, books by Caroline S. Cooper.
3) Mental Health Connect - Available: mental health support group (Lee's Summit, MO)
- April 14, 2018 - Incorporation
- May 31, 2018 - Caroline gave presentation at Missouri DMH Spring Institute
- September, 2018 - Exhibit at Suicide Prevention Conference in Kansas City
- June 7, 2019 - First anniversary celebration and fundraising dinner
- July 13, 2019 - Suicide Prevention Conference event, 9-Noon, at Lee's Summit North High School