Fund Development Institute
Fund development is the lifeblood of nonprofits, yet many organizations struggle with creating a sustainable funding model. With resource challenges like urgent program demands, limited staff, experience in fundraising, and shifting trends, it can prove difficult to find the time and know-how to craft a compelling case for support, write an effective grant proposal and ask directly for major gift support.
The Fund Development Institute (FDI) is a 2-session, hands-on institute that builds basic fund development skills, introduces advanced techniques, and works with executive directors and development staff alike to find and focus time for the essential work of fundraising. The curriculum includes:
- Building The Case: concrete, compelling specifics that help your organization stand out.
- Intentional Communication: messages and marketing that raise money.
- Fundraising Nitty-Gritty: from getting in the door to "thank you for your gift;" real how-to's for every stage of fund development.
- Heartfelt Gratitude: how to thank effectively so that donors give again and again.
- Making Time for Fundraising: how to build a fundraising calendar that works.
- Plus a little Affirmation, Motivation, and Celebration!
Who should attend:
- Fundraisers, Fund Developers, Advancement Professionals and Executive Directors - those tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- The Institute consists of two, day-long (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) sessions: December 5 & 6.
- Facilitators are Jenna Goodman and Nancy Jackson, experienced nonprofit fundraisers.
- Sessions will be held at Nonprofit Connect, 125 E. 31st Street, Kansas City, MO 64108.
- Attendance is limited to 24 participants who commit to attending both sessions in full.
- Participants must be a paid employee of a Nonprofit Connect member organization with 501(c) status. (Not yet a member? Click here.)
- Open to those tasked with generating resources for their organizations.
- Participants commit to attending both sessions.
- Full payment of the program fee must be received by November 25 in order to reserve a seat in FDI.
Application:Selection for participation FDI is by application.
Click here to apply. The application deadline is November 7.
Jenna Goodman and Nancy Jackson, founders of Generous Change, facilitate the Fund Development Institute. Together they have 25 years experience in fundraising and nonprofit leadership. They founded Generous Change to provide practical, affordable help to fundraisers and to support diverse nonprofits.
Parking Information:Nonprofit Connect is located in the KCPT building under the big red tower. Please park in one of the two lots directly north and across 31st Street from the station, leaving the main lot for KCPT staff and visitors with disabilities. Do not park in spaces marked AKC in the west side of the lot. Use caution when crossing the street.
Related Programs:Webinar - Planning Your Pathway to Grant Guru - November 14
501(c) Success: Major Gifts - The Artful Ask - November 18