Let's Connect: Grant Writing
Many people think successful grant writers work alone behind a computer screen, but we know better. Grant writers depend on collaborating with staff across the organization, from balancing budgets with finance departments to uncovering program success metrics with your organization's front-line staff. With COVID-19 forcing many teams to work remotely, how do you keep your grant projects on-time when you can't collaborate with your team in-person?
Join Annie Hildenbrandt, Grants + Special Projects Contractor at KC CARE Health Center, to learn strategies to build collaborative grant proposals while working remotely. This session includes breakout rooms to facilitate small group discussion where everyone will have the opportunity to ask questions, share, and network together.
This is a program of the Let's Connect Virtual Discussion Series.
Annie Hildebrandt is a Grants and Special Projects Contractor for KC CARE Health Center and is currently working completely remotely from Luxembourg. Annie started with the KC CARE team in 2015 and has filled a variety of development and marketing roles within the organization. Previously, Annie served as a Communications Specialist with American Adoptions. She earned her degree in journalism from the University of Missouri-Columbia and is dedicated to clear writing and communication.
Your active participation is highly encouraged. No one has all of the solutions, but everyone has something worth contributing. Your small group discussion participation will help others share, grow, and learn.
Let's Connect: Virtual Discussion Series
What’s the best way to stay connected? Turn to your nonprofit network. Join Nonprofit Connect for facilitated discussions with your nonprofit peers every Monday morning at 10:00 AM. We will select a new topic each week, and invite you to tune in for learning and sharing.
- Let's Connect: Leadership – Sept. 14 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Finance – Sept. 21 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Programming + Direct Service – Sept. 28 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Operations – Oct. 5 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Strategy for Strange Times – Oct. 12 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Fundraising – Oct. 19 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Volunteer Engagement – Oct. 26 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Young Professionals - Nov. 2 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Grant Writing - Nov. 9 (register here)
Disclaimer: Discussions will be recorded and shared as a resource, so participation means you may be recorded as well.