Let's Connect: Volunteer Management
Volunteers are key to building community and creating impact. We count on them to support our programs and move our missions forward. During this current health crisis, volunteer managers must rethink how we recruit, engage, protect, and lead volunteers.
Join your peers and guest speaker Brent Lager, President + Founder of Uncover KC, to discuss what volunteer management looks like going forward. This session will use breakout rooms to facilitate small group discussion where everyone will have the opportunity to ask questions, share, and network together.
This is a program of the Let's Connect Virtual Discussion Series.
Brent Lager, President and Founder, started Uncover KC in April 2013 to build a bridge between those who wish to improve their community and those who need help doing so. Before that, Mr. Lager earned a minor in Spanish, a Bachelor?s degree in journalism, and a Master?s of Education in journalism and English from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Currently, he is an adjunct professor at the William Jewell College Pryor Center for Leadership Development, where he has taught courses on Volunteer Management and Nonprofit Governance since 2015.
Your active participation is highly encouraged. No one has all of the solutions, but everyone has something worth contributing. Your small group discussion participation will help others share, grow, and learn.
Let's Connect: Virtual Discussion Series
What's the best way to stay connected? Turn to your nonprofit network. Join Nonprofit Connect for facilitated discussions with your nonprofit peers every Monday morning at 10:00 AM. We will select a new topic each week, and invite you to tune in for learning and sharing.
- Let's Connect: Leadership – Sept. 14 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Finance – Sept. 21 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Programming + Direct Service – Sept. 28 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Operations – Oct. 5 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Strategy for Strange Times – Oct. 12 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Fundraising – Oct. 19 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Volunteer Engagement – Oct. 26 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Young Professionals - Nov. 2 (register here)
- Let's Connect: Grant Writing - Nov. 9 (register here)
Disclaimer: Discussions will be recorded and shared as a resource, so participation means you may be recorded as well.