Volunteer Opportunities and Board Positions
We list volunteer opportunities and open board positions in the Kansas City region. Browse the list to find nonprofit organizations in need of individual and group volunteers, as well as skilled board members.
Nonprofit and Business members can post volunteer opportunities and board positions for free.
Individual members and nonmembers can submit their opportunities for $25 per week.
*If you are posting an open board position, make sure to select Board of Directors as your Category. Consider using our board position description template to make sure you provide the right information.
We are looking for Psychosocial Coordinators as well as team members for our camps. The Psychosocial Team (including the Psychosocial Coordinator) is responsible for:
- Following up with the identified campers and companions throughout the week of camp to provide ongoing support, i.e. breaks, relaxation techniques, etc.
- Assist with campers or companions who experience an unexpected situation/crises while at camp. These might include:
- Recent Loss/Survivor’s Guilt
- Injury/Illness at Camp
- Aggressive Behavior/Violence
- Persistent Defiance/Difficult Behaviors
- Child Abuse/Neglect
- Suicidal Ideation
- Homicidal Ideation
- Provide optional group activities throughout the week that allow for creative expression and development of emotional and social skills. This could include activities like an elective yoga session, relaxation exercises, mindfulness, craft activities, or self-esteem activities.
- Providing general support to campers, companions, and staff throughout the week of camp.
- We need at least one licensed mental health professional (psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, child life specialist) on site or available to the Psychosocial team for phone consutation during camp as needed.
This Volunteer Opportunity is promoted by Nonprofit Connect.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for opportunities offered. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.